streams

streams

Monday, May 16, 2016

Frequent Praise

“Seven times each day I stop and shout praises for the way you keep everything running right.” (Psalm 119:164 MSG)

I was raised to believe that praise, expressions of love, and words of gratitude were to be handed out carefully; otherwise your words would lose their value, and the recipients would get puffed up with pride. As I got older, I realized that this was hogwash! I am still careful not to say insincere things just to please someone. These days, I don’t hesitate to express positive thoughts when they well up inside me. I realize that this may make me appear less dignified, but I do it anyway.

Each day, I have unlimited opportunities to be grateful. I also have plenty of chances to grumble. The more I fret, the more I notice things to fret about. The more I praise and thank God, the more I recognize His glorious presence, power, and love surrounding me. This perspective of gratitude and praise doesn’t come naturally to me; it has to be cultivated.  I have to intentionally take breaks throughout each day to praise and thank God for setting everything right.

I shall praise You, Lord, for You are amazing. I shall thank You, Lord, for all that You have done and all that You are about to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment