streams

streams

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Waiting in Praise

“But I will keep on hoping for your help; I will praise you more and more.” (Ps. 71:14 NLT)

When faced with a crisis, I pray, but that’s not all I do. I also spend a lot of energy on worrying. I try to figure out what I can do to solve the problem. Sometimes the issue at hand will not be resolved for years, and all that time, I continue to stay agitated.

“He wanted me to wait in the spirit of praise, and only do what He bade me. It seems so unsafe to just sit still, and do nothing but trust the Lord; and the temptation to take the battle into our own hands is often tremendous.” (Streams in the Desert)
Yes, it seems unsafe to just sit still and do nothing but trust the Lord. Yet, that is exactly what we need to do. And while we are waiting, let us not get worked up by worrying. Instead, let us wait in the spirit of praise. Praise feeds trust. Praise allows us to be at peace knowing that God is all-powerful. Praise shifts our focus from the crisis to God.

Lord, whatever our situation, help us to wait in the spirit of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment