streams

streams

Thursday, July 28, 2016

God Thing

“Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!” (1 Chronicles 16:11 ESV)
Recently, young people all over the world have become obsessed with a game called Pokemon GO. This downloadable app uses augmented reality to incorporate actual surroundings through the use of GPS and a phone’s camera. This game allows players to see virtual characters on their device screens as if they were right in front of them.

A friend of mine recently commented on how she notices ‘God things’ frequently. Miracles of all magnitude, revelations of God’s presence and power, are prevalent in our daily lives. However, many of us fail to recognize these supernatural manifestations. We may acknowledge that something is unusual, but it doesn’t register in our minds as a ‘God thing.’ Thus, we miss opportunities to encounter and experience God. Our rational minds are not equipped to perceive the mystical. We must ask the Spirit of God to come down upon us. Then, our spiritual senses become activated. We start noticing God’s fingerprints everywhere--in the surprising beauty of nature, in the joy of relationships, in the clarity of sudden insights, in small but significant coincidences, and in the resolution of seemingly impossible problems. As we learn to recognize the signs, our excitement and interest in the search intensifies. The more we seek, the more we find. The more we ask, the more we are given. The more we knock, the more doors are opened. In due time, our focus shifts from our circumstances to recognizing God in our midst.

I pray that we may seek the Lord and His strength continually.

1 comment:

  1. Like your friend, I recognize God at work in everything. I may not understand at the time, but I always know it will be revealed to me. That is why I start my morning with Thank You to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit for being such a prevalent part of my life.

    The mystical, a special gift as my parents would call it, is something I have known since I was a very young child and I have never let anyone tell me differently. Even as a child, I knew what I knew and I wasn't going to let anyone tell me different.

    ReplyDelete