streams

streams

Friday, July 15, 2016

Good Tired

“Come off by yourselves; let’s take a break and get a little rest.” (Mark 6:31 MSG)

I’ve had one of those weeks where there was a lot going on. I thrive on routine and this week there was very little of it. Even though it was a hectic week, most of what I had to do brought me some level of satisfaction. I felt drained, but it was a ‘good tired.’ Like a car with low tire pressure, I was slightly deflated and in need of some air. I went for a long run outside. I spent some time in contemplation. Now I’m back to normal. All it took was a bit of fresh air and solitude to rejuvenate me.

However, there was one incident last week that left me deflated. It was a phone call that lasted less than thirty minutes, but it took me several days to recover from it. This time, I felt like a car with its tires slashed. I was more than tired; I was damaged. I couldn’t fix this myself.

When we are low on energy, we can’t always tell if we are merely exhausted, or if there is some long-term injury. Tiredness can be fixed with some rest, but brokenness requires much more. Fortunately, we have a God who is attentive, able, and available. He restores the weary, heals the wounded, and strengthens the weak. We can go to Him with confidence no matter what our circumstances.

Lord, I come to you with my weakness, my weariness, and my woundedness. Please restore me to the person you created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment