streams

streams

Friday, July 1, 2016

The Fruit of Trust

“But all too quickly the message is crowded out by worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced.” (Mark 4:19 NLT)
During the growing season, I work in my vegetable garden as much as I can. I try to plant, water, weed, mulch, and harvest the vegetables at the proper time. I keep a close eye on everything. I notice when the rabbits have nibbled on my lettuce or when new weeds pop up between my rows. Yesterday, I noticed that my ground cherry plant was looking droopy. The cilantro in the next row was growing tall and leggy--casting a shadow on the ground cherry plant. I had a choice to make, I would have to sacrifice one of the plants so the other could grow properly. Since I valued the ground cherries more, I pulled out the cilantro that was blocking its light.
The fruit of Trust grows on the plant of Truth. We must observe and be aware of what is really going on around us. God can reveal Truth in a multitude of ways as long as we are paying attention. Growth requires space, light, and nurturing. It may involve the sacrifice of other desirable things as well. Truth can be crowded out by the weeds of indifference, eaten up by the pests of worry, or overshadowed by the pursuit of success. Trust cannot develop if Truth is neglected. Thus, we have to choose what is most valuable to us. We may have to pull out some desirable things in order to allow Truth and Trust to flourish in our lives.
Lord, help us to recognize Truth and grow in Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment