streams

streams

Friday, August 3, 2018

Beyond Labels

We are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.” (2 Corinthians 3:18 MSG)

One of my good friends is a home builder. One day, as I was visiting one of her construction sites, I noticed her pulling off labels from newly installed windows. She said that the longer those stickers stay on, the harder they are to get off. After a while, even if the labels are removed, the gooey residue remains--obscuring light and decreasing the clarity of the glass.

This made me think of some of the negative labels that have been part of my psyche for decades: nerdy, downer, anxious, risk-averse, weak, obsessive, bossy, loud, not good enough, jobless, selfish, indulgent...I have attempted to peel off some of these stickers, but the residue still remains, obscuring my true self.

When we submit to Christ, He removes anything that obscures God’s light from shining through us. Our faces reflect the brightness of His face. We are transfigured. Our lives gradually become brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment