streams

streams

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Pace of Faith

“Please, my lord, go ahead of your servant. We will follow slowly, at a pace that is comfortable...” (Genesis 33:14 NLT)

When running long distances with others, I notice it is difficult for me to run even thirty seconds faster or slower than my natural pace. If I push too much, I get fatigued quickly. If I go too slowly, monotony sets in. The best running partner for me is someone who is slightly faster, encouraging, and brings out the best in me.

I have noticed a similar trend in faith communities. It’s hard to relate to those who seem to have a more advanced level of faith than you do. Likewise, it can be dispiriting to always be in the company of those who are trailing behind.  Thus, understanding your pace of faith can be insightful. It helps you seek out others who may lead you by example, encouraging you to grow deeper and closer to God.

“Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and endurance.” (Hebrews 6:12 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment