streams

streams

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Gratitude Vision

Open my eyes so I can see what you show me of your miracle-wonders. (Psalm 119:18 MSG)


Yesterday I was grumpy. I complained about everything. When those around me tried to make me feel better, I became even more cranky. I read the above verse last night. I didn’t know what to make of it. I copied it down for further thought and went to sleep. This morning, as I was sitting across from my husband at breakfast, I found myself thinking: Thank You, Lord. Then, I noticed the coffee and toast in front of me, the warmly lit room, our dog waiting patiently for the last bite of my toast, and the same phrase kept popping into my mind...Thank you, Lord.


Nothing had changed from the day before when I had the same toast, with my husband, at the same table, in the same room, with the dog waiting at my feet. But my perspective had shifted ever-so-slightly. It was like my eyes were opened to God’s daily miracle-wonders. I was given the gift of gratitude vision...at least for a few minutes. Unfortunately, it faded once I got up from the table. The busyness of the day took over and my mind returned to focusing on all I had to get done. About mid-afternoon, I remembered the verse I had copied down. Then I prayed: Lord, open my eyes. Let me notice your handiwork. Grant me supernatural senses and teach me to appreciate all that You do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment