streams

streams

Friday, September 7, 2018

Wasted Morning

We can't afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours in frivolity and indulgence...” (Romans 13:13 MSG)

I tend to be most energetic and focused in the morning. I try to  capitalize on this by scheduling my running, writing, studying--all in the first few hours of waking up. But some days, I get lazy and distracted. I linger in bed; I indulge leisurely over my coffee while checking emails and reading the latest news. Before I know it, it’s close to noon, and I’ve squandered these precious hours.

As I get older, I am aware that my years of peak physical vitality and mental acuity are winding down. I can’t afford to waste any more time on personal gratification. I don’t want to squander my days on frivolity and indulgence, oblivious to what is truly important. Instead, I need to be alert to what God is doing and participate with everything I have left. I have to clothe myself in the light of Christ and get moving.

“Don't loiter and linger, waiting until the very last minute. Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about!” (Romans 12:14 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment