streams

streams

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Queendom

“May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10 NLT)

My queendom is my sphere of influence. It consists of those whom I interact with regularly, those who are within my reach, those whom I can affect. My queendom is limited to my family, friends, and a few others. These are the people whom I serve. They hear what I say, read what I write, and eat what I cook. They are built up by my encouragement and torn down by my criticism. My moods color their emotions, and my attitudes shape their perspectives.

When I work with God, submitting my queendom to His Kingdom, I expand my territory. My reach is no longer limited. I become part of God’s influence, participating in His intentions, distributing His goodness. His purpose and cause become mine. Citizenship in this Kingdom is available to anyone who desires it. It is not merit-based. To apply, one needs only to surrender any illusions of self-sufficiency. God’s Kingdom is not far away. It is near and present. Knowing God allows us to trust Him. Trust enables us to surrender. Surrender breaks down boundaries and enlarges our soul. When we spread this good news to everyone, Heaven comes to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment