streams

streams

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Sharing Burdens

“Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens...” (Galatians 6:2 MSG)

Every morning, my mind goes over all the plans I have for the day. I check the family calendar. There are always the usual household chores and maintenance tasks. Then there are appointments, commitments, and stuff I want to do. I make my list. I realize that I may not get everything on my list done. I also know that unanticipated burdens may be placed upon me. I will have to continually reassess my time and energy resources throughout the day and make adjustments. 

Like everyone else, I have my share of problems. I trust God to take on all that is beyond my strength to carry. I also ask the Lord to give me supernatural eyes to notice others who are oppressed. Sharing their burdens lightens my own load. Why? Because I don’t have to rely on my own reserves. I am merely a conduit. The Lord works through me, and I gain strength in the process. Thus, I reach out intentionally to those who are weighed down, downcast, and  persecuted. 

Lord, may Your grace flow through me to lighten the burden of at least one other person today. Show me who is in need; grant me compassion; fill me with strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment