streams

streams

Monday, October 21, 2019

Giver of Gifts

“Every good gift bestowed, every perfect gift received comes to us from above, courtesy of the Father of lights. He is consistent.” (James 1:17 VOICE) 
During marathons, I use each mile marker as a reminder to pray. I usually pick a different person to pray for each mile. This works well until fatigue sets in. My attitude shifts, and I find my mind fixating on negative thoughts. Thus, I have a dedicated gratitude mile during the toughest part of a race.  Instead of wallowing in the discomfort of the moment, I focus on all the things for which I am thankful. I remind myself of all the blessings in my life as well as in the lives of my loved ones. I thank God for each opportunity, talent, answered prayer, and gift. This inevitably lifts my mood and my feet. 
Recently, I have started a new practice: a praise mile. I wanted to take some time to focus on the Giver of all gifts. Every desirable and beneficial blessing comes from God. He is our Father, Creator, Counselor, Maintainer, Guide, Protector, and Teacher. He loves us unconditionally. He is consistent, available, all-sufficient, trustworthy, and understanding. Remembering God’s goodness lifts my spirit and soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment