streams

streams

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Take Over

“When I am weak [in human strength], then I am strong [truly able, truly powerful, truly drawing from God’s strength].” (2 Corinthians 12:10 AMP)

My husband is a good driver, and he knows it. He is also aware that driving is not my strong suit. Whenever we get in our car together, my husband insists on driving. A few years ago, my husband was sick enough to be taken to the hospital. It was one of the few times he allowed me to drive while he sat in the passenger seat. He let me take over, not because he thought I had suddenly become a competent driver, but due to his infirmity. 

Unlike me, God is always competent, wise, powerful, good, and dependable. However, we don’t acknowledge this truth until we become aware of our own powerlessness. Our desire to be in control, feel competent, and seem independent keeps us from allowing God to take over. Until we hit rock- bottom and accept our weakness, we do not fully surrender. And, until we fully surrender, we remain oblivious to God’s power. Thus, it is only in the depths of vulnerability, when our human abilities are completely depleted, that we can truly draw from God’s strength. 

“I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over!” (2 Corinthians 12:10 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment