streams

streams

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Guard Your Heart

“So above all, guard the affections of your heart, for they affect all that you are. Pay attention to the welfare of your innermost being, for from there flows the wellspring of life.” (Proverbs 4:23 TPT)

I used to leave my garage door open while I worked in the yard, but not anymore! One time a bird flew in; I tried to shoo it out with a long broom, but it kept flying around and pooping on everything. It took a lot of effort to get that bird out of the garage. I’ve also had a mouse creep in and make its home under the shelves. I didn’t even realize it was there until I saw the mouse droppings. After these invasions, I’ve learned to be careful. Now the garage door only opens when we pull one of the cars in or out.   

“If you would cultivate the Spirit’s acquaintance, you must get hold of your thoughts and not allow your mind to be a wilderness in which every kind of unclean beast roams and bird flies. You must have a clean heart. (A.W. Tozer)

If we want to make space for the Holy Spirit, we must guard our hearts against impure thoughts. Be careful not to leave doors open. Do not let the wild rodents and birds encroach and build their nests. Vigilantly guard your mind. Pay attention to the welfare of your innermost being, for from there flows the wellspring of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment