streams

streams

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Speak Truth

“Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace;” ( Zechariah 8:16 ESV)

I don’t always speak up when confronted with delusions, deceptions, or distortions. I pick my battles. Some people are not going to be receptive to anything I say, so I figure why waste my energy if it’s only going to create conflict but not change. 

Speaking truth is more about self-transformation than about changing others. Self-expression can be a struggle. Caterpillars disintegrate most of their tissue in the process of metamorphosis. They push against the walls of their chrysalis so they can develop strength in their wings and reveal themselves. Similarly, speaking truth takes courage and effort. It may or may not change anyone else, but it develops integrity and strength within us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment