streams

streams

Friday, October 18, 2019

Tuning In

And so here I am, preaching and writing about things that are way over my head, the inexhaustible riches and generosity of Christ. My task is to bring out in the open and make plain what God, who created all this in the first place, has been doing in secret and behind the scenes all along.” (Ephesians 3:8-10 MSG)

Resonance is defined as the vibration of an object when it is exposed to signals that are very close to its natural frequency. When tuning a radio, we establish a connection by adjusting the resonant frequency until it matches the assigned frequency of the desired station. 

St. Paul’s words resonate deep within me. I too am writing about things that are way over my head. I feel the urge to explain the incomprehensible, to help people understand and respond to God. I am not qualified to do so. In fact, I am the least likely candidate for such a task. God must have a sense of humor.   
How do you know what God is calling you to do?
Listen. Pay attention to what resonates within you. Your soul vibrates in recognition when it recognizes signals that are close to its assigned frequency. Tune in and do not change the channel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment