streams

streams

Friday, December 20, 2019

Rest and Restoration

“He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul.” (Psalm 23:2-3 NASB)
When I have had a stressful day, my favorite way to unwind is to go into my room, close the door, and sit in the dark. Silence and solitude restore me. Others relax by going out with friends to a public place. What is peaceful and calming for each person can be different. Figuring out what works for each individual takes time and practice. 
“As we enter into God’s faith-rest life we cease from our own works...” (Hebrews 4:10 TPT)

While individual relaxation rituals can be helpful, there is a higher level of restoration. Entering God’s rest is like switching from the driver’s seat to the passenger’s seat.  We quit trying to manage our lives and allow the Lord to take over. This requires trust. As we enter into God’s faith-rest life, we cease from our own works. The Spirit leads us to quiet waters, restoring our souls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment