streams

streams

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Collaborative Projects

“Finish what you started in me, God.” (Psalm 138:8 MSG)

A few years ago, I decided to get serious about running. I hired a coach, bought new gear, read books about the sport, and kept meticulous training records. My speed and endurance improved, but not as much as my coach would have liked. The coach’s confidence in me exceeded my own dedication. Subsequently, my progress plateaued somewhere between his plans for me and my expectations for myself. 

God creates each of us with a purpose. We might not be able to comprehend God’s vision, and His expectations may seem unreasonable. Yet, cooperation and trust are essential. Growth is a collaborative project that involves personal obedience and Divine faithfulness. Our dedication must align with God’s expectations. God will not give up on us halfway. He finishes what He starts. He will work out His plans for our lives. 

“I’m fully convinced that the One who began this glorious work in you will faithfully continue the process of maturing you.” (Philippians 1:6 TPT)

No comments:

Post a Comment