streams

streams

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Condensation of the Spirit


“Up on your feet! Take a deep breath! Maybe there’s life in you yet. But I wouldn’t know it by looking at your busywork; nothing of God’s work has been completed.” (Revelation 3:2-3 MSG) 

When warm, humid air hits a cold surface, the invisible vapor becomes visible condensation. If my reading glasses have smudges, I breathe on the lenses and wipe them with my shirt. The moisture from my exhalation is the quickest way to clean my glasses and restore clarity. 

The Spirit within us remains invisible as long as we are engaged in busy work. We inhale, exhale, and go about our own agenda--while God’s work remains incomplete. Rouse yourself. Stay alert. Call to mind the lessons you have learned. Invigorate and strengthen your resolve to live according to God’s purpose. Remember that the Holy Spirit resides within us. When we express the Spirit of God onto cold, hardened hearts, we are able to manifest what was dormant in us all along. This expression is more than telling people about our faith. It is living out the sacrificial love of Christ. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment