streams

streams

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Recharge


“Revive us again, O God!” (Psalm 85:6 TPT)

Every night, I charge my phone. The battery is at 100% when I wake up.  Most days, my phone charge will last until late evening which is when I will plug it in again. As I monitor my battery draining, I tend to conserve my usage--choosing to only use my phone when absolutely necessary. My husband has a completely different approach. He charges his phone throughout the day, whenever he has the opportunity to do so. Even at the end of the day, his phone has enough battery power to do whatever he needs it to do. 

Taking the time to recharge during the day is a habit I have yet to develop. Whether it is my phone, my body, or my mind--I tend to go on a maximum level until I am completely drained. Even though I recognize the inefficiency of this method, it has been difficult to change. I am trying to learn new ways of recharging physically, mentally, relationally, and spiritually. It has been a process of trial and error. Some things that I imagined would be energizing have sapped my reserves further. Recognizing how much I have left within me has also been challenging. 

Unlike a phone battery, humans do not come with precise measurements and gauges that notify us when we are depleted. We have to carefully monitor our bodies, minds, relationships, and souls. This involves pausing at regular intervals, even before we sense ourselves weakening. Take every opportunity to rest and connect with God. Ask the Lord to revive you. Thank Him. Praise Him. Listen to His input on everything. Follow His nudges. Invite God to manage your physical, mental, relational, and spiritual reserves. Submit all that you are and all that you do to the Lord every hour of every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment