streams

streams

Friday, June 3, 2022

A Responsive Heart

“I’ll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I’ll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I’ll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that’s God-willed, not self-willed. I’ll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands.” (Ezekiel 36:25-27 MSG)

A heart transplant is a major operation. A failing, diseased heart is replaced with a healthy heart that has been donated by someone who died recently. Obviously, this is not a procedure that a patient can do on his own. 

Some of us develop unresponsive souls from years of hard living. Our spiritual arteries may be clogged from excess. For others, repeated trials may have made them bitter and insensitive. Whatever the reason, we cannot fix ourselves. Neither can our loved ones. Only God can, and He has promised to do so.

Lord, sprinkle clean water over us until we are clean. Wash all the filth away. Give us new hearts. Take away our hard, self-willed hearts. Put Your Spirit in us. Make us responsive to Your will.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment