streams

streams

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Following God's Directions


“Later God’s angel spoke to Philip: ‘At noon today I want you to walk over to that desolate road that goes from Jerusalem down to Gaza.’ He got up and went.” ( Acts 8:26-27 MSG)

Philip had a thriving ministry in Samaria. One morning, God directed him to walk on the desolate road between Jerusalem and Gaza. Philip did not hesitate. He got up and went. 

God had a plan and Philip had a part to play. On that stretch of road at that particular time, an influential Ethiopian was traveling by chariot. He happened to be reading a passage of Scripture. 

“The Holy Spirit said to Philip, ‘Go over and walk along beside the carriage.’ Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the prophet Isaiah. Philip asked, ‘Do you understand what you are reading?’ The man replied, ‘How can I, unless someone instructs me?’ And he urged Philip to come up into the carriage and sit with him.” (Acts 8:29-31 NLT)

God instructed Philip one step at a time. First, it was to walk on a deserted path. Then, it was to go over and walk beside a foreigner’s carriage. Philip listened and obeyed. Even though it may have seemed unreasonable and inconvenient, he did not drag his feet. He did not lean on his own ideas. He followed God’s directions without question. 

Lord, when You ask me to do something, I pray that I would follow directions without challenging Your wisdom. Use me according to Your will. Also, bring the appropriate mentors into my life at the right time to minister to me and my loved ones. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment