streams

streams

Thursday, June 9, 2022

God Signs

“Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that’s where the action is. See things from his perspective.” (Colossians 3:2 MSG)


A good friend of mine has been encouraging me to keep a written record of daily ‘God-incidences’--anything that encourages me in the moment as a sign that God is present and working behind the scenes. I have been trying to follow her suggestion. 


By writing things down immediately, I preserve the feeling of hope. I notice that what seems significant in the moment often fades in a few days. For example, I may read something that speaks directly to me and my situation. This brings strength and comfort to me, but the effect may not last. Or I may sense a shift in the atmosphere that points to Divine progress, but then the insight evaporates. 


Some days, I notice several little miracles. Other days, I am scrounging for something to write down. I am sure that God is always working. Yet, because I shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of me, I miss out. When I am preoccupied by earthly concerns, I am unable to recognize God’s presence and providence. I must look up and be alert to what is going on around Christ. I must learn to see things from HIS perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment