streams

streams

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My Little Sister

My Little Sister turns 40 years old today.  My earliest memories of her are from when she was 5. She was annoyingly adorable, a combination of cuteness mixed with a gentle, amiable spirit. Everybody liked Her better; which is why I had to be mean to her.  She took it all in stride until she was around 10. Then she started standing up for herself.  I knew my era of bullying her was over and secretly admired her new found toughness. I’ll admit that I was also a bit scared of her back then, because I couldn’t predict what she was going to do.

She grew up into this multi-faceted gem; Intelligent, courageous, independent, kind, caring, patient, capable, strong, talented, and tenacious. She also managed to  retain her gentle, pleasing spirit from childhood.  She is a wonderful mother and wife. She is incredibly loyal to her friends. She is the hardest working woman I know.  She has accomplished things that I haven’t even attempted to do. Every year, she continues to amaze me.  Everybody still likes Her better, but now I’m mature enough to understand why.

Happy Birthday Sis!

No comments:

Post a Comment