streams

streams

Monday, September 29, 2014

Broadcast Spreaders

Fall temperatures are ideal for reseeding lawns. It’s time to pull out one of my favorite pieces of lawn equipment--the broadcast spreader. For those of you who are not familiar with this simple but useful tool, let me give you a description of its elegant design. It looks like a wheelbarrow with a hole in the bottom. Underneath this hole is a disk that is attached with a gear to the wheels below. When the wheels move, the disk moves--spreading the seed as it falls out of the hole. You can put grass seed, fertilizer--whatever needs distributing--in the hopper (the big bin with the hole in it)--and push it around the yard to distribute it evenly.

If I could be any piece of lawn equipment, I would want to be a broadcast spreader. (What?! like, you’ve never thought about what kind of lawn equipment you would like to be!)  I would like to be used by God to distribute whatever needs spreading--blessings, support, words of encouragement, comfort, joy, peace, wisdom, grace, spirit, love, hope...

Previously, I have wished that the void in my center would be filled. Now I know there is a purpose for this missing piece. This hole is set apart--made holy--for God’s purposes. It is useful to God. He walks behind me, pushing me along, distributing whatever He has placed in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment