streams

streams

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Shield of Trust

(Armour of God Series)
I pride myself on being fiscally savvy. I’m the kind of person who reads reviews before every purchase and checks out annual financial statements of charities before I make donations. Recently, I felt a nudge to do something that didn’t make sense.  It wasn’t the most efficient or productive use of money or time.  The outcome of my decision was completely out of my control. I would also have to humble myself
in the process by giving up some long-held ideas. I was hesitant to follow this nudge. On the one hand, I sensed it was the right thing to do; on the other hand, I kept thinking of practical reasons why this was not such a good idea.
Flaming darts of doubt, confusion, skepticism, mixed emotions, insecurities, misgivings, weaknesses, and reminders of past misjudgements come at us continuously. We have to be able to trust in a power higher than our senses in order to shield ourselves from these arrows of fear.
Faith is unwavering trust in God. When we trust God completely, we can submit to His agenda, follow His nudges, obey his directions--even when they don’t make sense to us. Trust allows us to obey without knowing every detail of a plan, to start without knowing the outcome. Trust makes us more user-friendly for God’s purposes.
“In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one.” (Ephesians 6:16 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment