streams

streams

Friday, September 5, 2014

Shoved over Hurdles

I have a hard time distinguishing between 'my projects' and 'God's projects.' Recently, a thought came to me that I needed to do something for a particular person. I couldn’t tell if this was my own idea or some sort of divine nudge. I’ve had these kinds of thoughts before. I’ve noticed that if I wait long enough, I can talk myself out of following through on these notions. I usually tell myself that this doesn’t make sense, or that my motives are mixed up, or that the conditions are less than ideal.

I can filter out the urge to follow most promptings by deciding that my input will not make much difference in this situation. Obedience without analyzing the outcome is a HUGE hurdle for me. I want to know if my actions will have a positive impact. And since I can’t predict the results of most situations, I tend to hold back from getting involved.

This time, I obeyed without analyzing too much. God, in HIS grace, has pushed me over my barriers once again. I'm pretty sure that next time I come to this same hurdle, I will balk again, and God is going to have to shove me up and over every time.

1 comment:

  1. At least you are learning what makes you tick as the person God created you to be on His journey for you in life.

    ReplyDelete