streams

streams

Monday, September 1, 2014

Protect Your Foundation

(Armor of God series)

I like cute shoes. I admit that I  have a weakness for impractical yet fabulous footwear. Yet, I have learned that there is a time for high heels and a time for running shoes.  Once a week, I do a long run.  I prepare my feet by moisturizing, putting on socks that wick away moisture, and carefully lacing up my most comfortable running shoes. This is a time for stability and firm footing. I don’t want blisters or twisted ankles. My feet are going to be my main contact point with the ground. The shoes are meant to protect and cushion my feet from continuous pounding for the next few hours. Even a tiny pebble or a seam in my socks can be chafing.  

Peace and stability are essential when enduring spiritual battles.  Anxiety and agitation sap our strength. Minor irritations can lead to debilitating injuries that prevent us from finishing what we set out to do.  Our extremities may not seem vital, but these contact points with the world are what allow us to stand our ground and to move forward. So we must protect our foundation.  
“For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.” (Ephesians 6:15 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment