streams

streams

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Life-Giving Spirit

“The life-giving Spirit of God will hover over him,
  the Spirit that brings wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit that gives direction and builds strength,
  the Spirit that instills knowledge and Fear-of-God.” (Isaiah 11:2 MSG)

Most of us exist and function at a basic level. We are born, and we learn to survive. Like ducklings, we conform our thoughts and behavior to those around us. We wake up every morning and search for significance and  excitement. If conformity doesn’t work, we try to find our own, unique path. Occasionally, we carve out shallow puddles of happiness and meaning. But, what if we could have more?

I want the best for my family and friends. I want light, love, joy, and grace. I want lasting contentment that is beyond human orchestration. I believe that there is a deep well within each of us, yet we need a power greater than ourselves to draw it from us.
Therefore, I pray:

May the life-giving Spirit of God hover over us--drawing forth wisdom, understanding, direction, strength, knowledge, and a deep reverence for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment