streams

streams

Friday, June 19, 2015

Orthopraxy

“Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”  (James 2:17 NIV)

Orthodoxy is defined as correct belief. It is steeped in traditional beliefs and ritualism. Orthopraxy, on the other hand, is defined as ‘right practice’ and is based on correct conduct. How does one evolve from being a believer to a practitioner of faith?

I believe God’s Spirit is within me. How does this manifest in my conduct? Does godly energy seep through my pores? Is it expressed through my thoughts, words, actions, and character? Or am I like one of those stubborn actors whom directors detest--an actor who is un-directable? Do I insist on expressing my own vision instead of obeying God’s directions? Will I allow God to manifest His Spirit and Grace through me?

“Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God’s energy, an energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.” (Philippians 2:12-13 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment