streams

streams

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Pools of Reflection

“Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this.” (Timothy 2:7 NIV)

Our days are filled with agitative activity, and our nights are fraught with restless sleep. Managing noise and distraction takes up so much energy. Most of us rarely experience true moments of stillness. Where can we go, what can we do to experience tranquility and lucidity?

Ponds and small lakes are ideal spots for contemplation.  Still waters can be conducive to both exterior and interior reflection. If we can calm our choppy minds long enough to think, we can achieve a certain degree of clarity.

I find that reflecting on pools of words can also bring clarity. I will meditate on a verse of scripture, or just a word or concept throughout the day. Sometimes it just calms me down. Oftentimes I can sense a vague outline of something deeper, yet outside my grasp. This is as far as I can go on my own, yet, I have to get to this moment of stillness under my own volition. Further insights are gifts from God. The Lord meets us at the boundaries of human understanding, takes our hand, and guides us into whole new territories of divine revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment