streams

streams

Monday, August 24, 2015

Dissing Grace

Jesus answered, “I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me.” (Luke 22:34 NIV)

Wearing a wedding ring is a symbol of commitment to your spouse. Commitment involves faithfulness and trust. When we express a lack of confidence in our spouse, we are, in essence, belittling them.

The other day, I saw a segment on TV about anxiety. A woman was talking to the host about how she worries all the time about everything. I noticed that the woman was wearing a necklace with a cross pendant. All of a sudden I felt convicted. I too profess to be committed to Christ. When I worry, I show a lack of confidence in God.

Worry is a denial of God’s power and love. Instead of acknowledging all that He is and all that He has done, we essentially renounce God when we mistrust Him.  Worry dishonors God. It is disrespectful. It is a dis-Grace--a rejection of God’s benevolence.  

2 comments:

  1. I also think worry is a human trait built into us that we must learn to release and "let it go and let God" be it His Holy Father or His Holy Son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to think of practical ways to release worry.

      Delete