streams

streams

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My Husband

I met my husband when he was 19 and I was 16. Even though I was young, I ‘knew’ in my gut that he was the one for me. Over the last few decades, he has grown into a capable captain for our little family. He has led and I have followed.

I have had many mentors in my life, but my husband has been the most influential and consistent one. He always gets out front of every situation we encounter--whether it is an onerous project, a complicated crisis, or a major life decision. He takes the lead so as to shield me from the inevitable impact of what the world throws at us.  

Now, every leader needs a follower. I am able to follow my husband, because he has earned my respect. He has proven himself to be dependable and capable. I don’t always agree with his choices, but I have learned that someone has to be in charge--and he has shown himself to be worthy of this role.

Being the head of a household is a huge responsibility. I am grateful that he takes on this burden. I look to him to take the initiative, to make decisions, and to take care of all the things I cannot. He has been my protector, my friend, my confidante, my mentor, my advisor, my sounding board, my guide, and my most consistent friend. I realize that not every man is like this; thus, I am deeply appreciative. Of all the blessings God has granted me, my husband is the most precious.

2 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate as well as also be grateful for a husband who is also 3 years older than myself, who has proven himself to me to be worthy of my trust. After living through a bad physical and mental abuse marriage for which I am grateful for my 2 Sons from that marriage of 12½ years, God did teach me through the lessons of being married at a very young age and surviving, that what is important to me counts for my happiness and I am grateful my husband of 26 years now has always respected that of me both as a friend and a husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give me way too much credit. I'm happy to have you as my partner through the journey of life. You've become the wife I never imagined I would have (in a good way). Thank you for the past 25 years!

    ReplyDelete