streams

streams

Friday, August 7, 2015

Exhausted

“If you completely give of yourself physically, you become exhausted. But when you give of yourself spiritually, you get more strength.” (Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest)

I feel exhausted. Over the last few weeks, I have been occupied with a lot of atypical situations. All the strain has left me drained.

When I am planning out my weekly meals, I can either pick recipes that only require what I already have in my pantry, or I can go to Costco and buy what I need to make the meals. I usually have enough in my pantry to survive for a week, but planning all my meals with only what I can easily access is unnecessarily constraining. Similarly, when I operate from my own limited power, it leads to exhaustion. However, when we draw power from God’s Spirit within us, we gain strength.

Trust God completely. Quit taking inventory of your own resources. Instead, focus on God’s unlimited power. Ask the Holy Spirit to fill you completely and to take over the situation. Immerse yourself in God until you are one with Him.

Father, You are in control. Jesus, I trust in You. Holy Spirit, take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment