streams

streams

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Never Despair

"Believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don't believe me." (John 10:38 NLT)

After several years of praying and waiting, one of my cousins recently had her first baby. Another relative has been freed from a serious addiction to alcohol. A friend’s marriage has been restored, even after the pain of infidelity.

When I have difficulty trusting the Lord, I recall the miracles I have witnessed. Others may downplay these events as mere coincidences or sheer luck, but I can sense God’s grace in these circumstances. I bolster my sagging faith by reminding myself of how God came through in these seemingly hopeless situations.  This helps me resist my natural tendency to despair, to cave in to despondency, and to wallow in melancholy.
“Melancholy contracts and withers the heart, and renders it unfit to receive the impressions of grace. It magnifies and gives a false colouring to objects, and thus renders your burdens too heavy to bear. God’s designs regarding you, and His methods of bringing about these designs, are infinitely wise.” -Madame Guyon

1 comment:

  1. I truly believe there is only God's messages and coincidence is a name that became convenient to bypass God's work and what He taught His believers.

    ReplyDelete