streams

streams

Friday, December 11, 2015

Doubter's Prayer

“Help me with my doubts!” (Mark 9:24 MSG)

We all struggle with different aspects of faith. Some are unsure if God even exists. Others are uncertain of how God operates. So many of us are skeptical about the efficacy of prayer, the accuracy of scriptures, or the usefulness of churches, doctrines, and rituals.

How can you pray when you aren’t even sure if God exists? If you are communicating with something/someone that you aren’t even sure is out there, isn’t that crazy?

Find a quiet place and take a few deep breaths. Then, try saying the following in your mind:

God, I don’t know if you exist. But if you do, reveal yourself to me in ways that I can recognize and understand.

Repeat this practice for a few minutes every day. You don’t have to say anything out loud. If the word ‘prayer’ makes you uncomfortable, call it meditation, contemplation, or calming your mind. Just try it for a few months. Let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment