streams

streams

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Evil Within

“Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.” (Romans 7:21 NIV)
Temptations are not always external. Often they are flare-ups of our innate human condition. We are all flawed and weak in one way or another. Trials and tribulations exacerbate the struggle between our yearning to do good and our desire to give in to our natural inclinations.
Excising internal evil is much more complicated than avoiding external evil. It requires precision surgery. We cannot remove this malignancy on our own. Only God can safely cut out this tumor. Ask Him for help. Surrender yourself. Trust in His care. 
Lord, heal me of my malignant nature. I submit to Your care. I trust in Your name, Your reputation. Take out anything that is harmful within me. Fill me with Your essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment