streams

streams

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Calling Out the Spirit

“So I prophesied, just as he commanded me. The breath entered them and they came alive!” (Ezekiel 37:10 MSG)

My son tends to sleep late, especially on weekends. I usually have to wake him up to get ready for church on Sundays. I knock on his door, waiting for a response indicating that he is awake and aware of the time before I walk away.

The Spirit of God, who dwells in each of us, calls out to the Spirit in others. She knocks, nudges, and shakes those who are spiritually unconscious. She speaks truth in words that they can understand. She remains steadfast, dependable, and constantly watchful until every dormant Spirit is revived, and able to stand firm against evil.

Holy Spirit, you live within each of us. Express yourself. Call out to those in whom Your Spirit remains dormant. Commune, breath to breath, reviving those who are unresponsive. Help us to stand on our own feet and begin to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment