streams

streams

Friday, April 28, 2017

Clearing Space

“Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7 NLT)

My husband’s smartphone has very little internal storage left. He has too much stuff stored on his phone. I have the same phone, but mine has plenty of available storage. Unlike him, I regularly transfer my pictures and other files from my phone to my computer and then delete them from my phone.

Writing clears up space in my head. It helps me transfer my thoughts, freeing up limited, mental space. I routinely send out emails and texts to people as soon as I remember something that I need to share or ask. I enter reminders about every task and event into my calendar. I jot down lists about everything. Once I write something down, I feel less pressured to keep thinking about it.

I also write notes to God. Writing out my thoughts, my concerns, and my emotions feels therapeutic. It frees up my mind. As long as I am  cluttered with worry, I cannot receive the Spirit. When I upload all my cares to God, I am restored.

Lord, I feel burdened and weary. I come to you for rest. I give all my worries and cares to You, for I know you care about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment