streams

streams

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Mighty God

“For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." (Zephaniah 3:17 NLT)

I keep a journal of things for which I am thankful. Having a visible list helps me to remember how blessed I am. I also have an invisible list in my head;  it’s my “Yucky List”. It is a tally of all the things I would rather not think about--apprehensions, disappointments, annoyances, and resentments. I wish I could just take an eraser and wipe this list off my mind.

“Abandon outcomes to God.” (Dallas Willard)

Scripture tells us that God is a mighty warrior who will stay with us and fight for us. He is our dependable and powerful Father. We are precious to Him. He will calm our fears with lullabies of comfort. As we grow to trust in the Lord, we are able to abandon all outcomes to Him.

“Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.” (Ephesians 6:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment