streams

streams

Monday, April 3, 2017

My Hope

“And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.” (Psalm 39:7 NLT)


I hope ________


Take a few minutes to fill in the blank with whatever your heart desires.


I hope...for a good marriage, for my son to have a bright future, for all of my loved ones to be healthy and safe. I hope that we may all know and love God. I hope our life has meaning and purpose.


What is the basis for our hopes? Are our expectations dependent on a set of circumstances, or are they centered on God?


Pessimism can be like a disease that causes hope to wilt; despair can spread like a fungus. Faith gives roots to hope--grounding, strengthening, and nourishing it--enabling it to flourish and grow. When our hope stems from full confidence in God, it is no longer wishful thinking; we wait expectantly, knowing God is trustworthy and dependable.

Lord, my hope is based on Your reputation. I shall wait in joyful anticipation to see how you are going to work things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment