streams

streams

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Dear God

“Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you.”(Psalm 55:22 NLT)

According to a recent study by Michigan State University, expressive writing can help individuals process past traumas, as well as prepare us for stressful tasks in the future.

I find it very helpful to write things down. Well, I don’t actually ‘write’ much these days; I type. I journal my concerns, worries, questions, and insights. Much of this blog is my attempt at processing and understanding spiritual truths. However, not all my writing is public. I also have a prayer journal in which I write/type notes to God. I don’t censor my emotions. I don’t edit or try to choose the perfect words; instead, I type the thoughts as they come.  This practice has been deeply therapeutic.

Do you have some past trauma that you need to work through? Are you in the midst of a stressful situation right now? Perhaps concerns about the future are consuming you. Write or type a note to God. Tell Him whatever is on your mind. Hand over your burdens. He will take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment