streams

streams

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The One Who Loves Me

“May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 3:5 NLT)

Who or what would you give yourself up for?

Think about the person who is most dear to you in this world. Would you give up your identity, control, power, independence, individuality, desires, ambitions, comfort, security, career, dignity, and all other relationships for this person?

Many of us imagine that we would die for our children, but while living we are reluctant to give ourselves up completely for their sake. It’s not that we don’t love our children; we just love ourselves, too. Would you give up on one of your children to save another one of your children? No!

God sacrificed His beloved Son to save me. Jesus gave up who He was--His identity, power, dignity--everything... for me. He suffered for me, died for me, left His Spirit for me. Like a good stay-at-home parent, the Holy Spirit gives of Herself completely--ungrudgingly, no strings attached, enduring patiently, never abandoning me. Why?

God  loves  me-- unconditionally, consistently, limitlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment