streams

streams

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Living Faith

“You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving.” (Colossians 2:6-7 MSG)

Over the last several years, I’ve been studying all there is to know about running a marathon. I’ve read countless books, watched tons of videos, talked to veteran runners, and even done some shorter distance races. However, I’ve been putting off actually running a marathon for several reasons: training for it is a huge commitment, it’s a painful endeavor, and I’m not sure that I will succeed in finishing 26.2 miles. After a good run, I feel optimistic, but on hot, humid days, I’m ready to quit running altogether. On these days, I remind myself to go back to the two basics of running: left foot, right foot,...left, right, left, right.

I also like to study Scripture and think about spiritual matters. Yet, I find it difficult to live out my faith, to go the distance with Christ. On good days, I’m not too shabby, but when conditions are unfavorable, I lose hope. While there may be many practical ways to apply faith, I often go back to two basic elements: trust and gratitude. Whether things are going well or not, I keep reminding myself to trust God and thank Him for everything.
I trust You, Lord,
I thank you, Lord,
Left, Right…

No comments:

Post a Comment