streams

streams

Monday, September 18, 2017

Upper Levels

“My kingdom doesn’t consist of what you see around you.” (John 18:36 MSG)

Let’s say you lived in a high-rise building with many floors. The basement level has been taken over by crack addicts. Clearly, you don’t want to debase yourself by smoking what they are smoking. The next level is the main floor. Since it houses the lobby, things are much more presentable here. Filled with restaurants, bars, gift shops, and lounges--many who seek pleasure, comfort, and social acceptance hang out at this level.

Many of our prayers are centered around making our worldly life easier. We continue to be concerned about comfort, pleasure, and social acceptance. We remain on the lower levels and ask God to come down to feed our addictions. Jesus came into this world, to hang out at the lower levels with humanity. But his kingdom doesn’t consist of what we see around us. He calls us to join Him at the higher levels.

“There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going.” (John 14:2-4 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment