streams

streams

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Be Quiet and Trust

“Turn back to me and stop your silly efforts to save yourselves. Your strength will come from settling down in complete dependence on me.” (Isaiah 30:15 MSG)
Some days, my life feels like a sinking boat. I frantically try to bail the water out, but it is beyond my control. I want to protect my loved ones and my way of life; yet, I can’t. I get anxious; I feel like a failure; I despair.
What are we to do when we are overwhelmed by our circumstances?
“Keep still, and stop your own restless working until He begins to work. Do nothing that He does not Himself command you to do. Give Him a chance to work, and He will surely do so; and the very trials that threatened to overcome you with discouragement and disaster, will become God’s opportunity for the revelation of His grace and glory in your life.” —A. B. Simpson
Submit every concern to God. Cease striving to solve things on your own. Stop deluding yourself; you are not in control. Turn back to the Lord in quietness and trust. Our strength comes from settling down in complete dependence on Him. Wait for God’s directions. Stay alert and remain obedient. Give God a chance to reveal His grace and glory through every circumstance.
“God will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut!" (Exodus 14:14 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment