streams

streams

Friday, June 22, 2018

Who Is In Charge?

“God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM.” (Exodus 3:14 NIV)

My friend and I were walking around our neighborhood and talking about our worries. We both had plenty of material. After a few circles, we noticed we were getting nowhere. We tried replacing our negative thoughts with positive ones. Although this approach gave us temporary relief, it still felt insufficient.

"Who is in charge of your life? If it is you, then you have good reason to worry. But since I am in charge, worry is both unnecessary and counterproductive. When you start to feel anxious about something, relinquish the situation to Me. Back off a bit, redirecting your focus to Me. I will either take care of the problem Myself or show you how to handle it."  (June 7th, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young)

Replacing negative thoughts with positive ones is still a worldly solution. God did not say He was positive or negative. He said: “I AM.”  It is human nature to want to do something when faced with problems. We do not have to remain passive; there are several actions that we can take: Accept that God is in charge. Redirect thoughts and concerns to Him. Relinquish the situation. Observe and Learn. While positive thinking can be a placebo for anxiety, the effects do not last. Trust in God is the antidote to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment