streams

streams

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Shrinking Worries

“Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit.” (Psalm 147:5 NIV)

I’ve developed a new habit. I shrink my worries. I look at my concerns and tell myself: it could be worse.  When I look around at others, I notice how much smaller my problems seem compared to theirs. This is how I soothe myself when I feel stressed out. At first, this coping method seems like a good idea, but it is flawed. It’s no better to compare my problems to those of others than it is to measure my success against that of others. I’m still focusing on the wrong things.

“I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.” (Psalm 69:30 ESV)

I need to shift my focus. God is bigger than any problem. He is mighty in power and limitless in wisdom. If I pay attention, I will recognize Him working, right now. When I thank Him for all that He does, I acknowledge His power. Instead of minimizing my issues, I shall magnify the Lord. I shall look at Him closely and allow Him to occupy a larger space in my field of vision. I will praise God. Greater is He than anything I face in this world.

“My soul doth magnify the Lord.” (Luke 1:46 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment