streams

streams

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Foggy Faith

“My eyes of faith won’t focus anymore, for sorrow fills my heart.” (Psalm 6:7 TPT)

Autumn is beautiful. The leaves of trees reveal their brilliant colors of gold and orange. Yesterday, as I was running, I pulled out my phone from my pocket to take a picture of the dazzling scenery. The photo looked unclear. The camera lens was fogged up by humidity. I wiped it clean and took another photo. This time, I got a clear picture. 

The emotions that fill our minds can dampen faith. Sorrow, fear, ambition, anger--all blur our spiritual vision. The brilliance of God is obscured by human concerns. The eyes of faith won’t focus until they are wiped clean. 

Lord, I ask that you wipe me clean.
Let nothing cloud my trust in You. 
Help me to have a clear perspective of Your purpose.
Grant me the strength to do Your will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment