streams

streams

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Silent Blessings

“Whenever you cross my mind, I thank my God for you and for the gift of knowing you. My spirit is lightened with joy whenever I pray for you (and I do constantly)...” (Philippians 1:3-4 VOICE) 

Whenever a person crosses your mind, what is your first thought? 

I wonder what this person thinks of me?
Will he/she make me feel better about myself? 
Will this relationship benefit or harm me?
I am worried about this person whom I love. What can I do to ease my anxiety? 

Most of us focus on how others affect our emotions and well-being. Even those who love selflessly tend to fixate on temporal happiness and comfort. Human nature limits our perspective. What if we cultivated a supernatural frame of reference? 

--The next person that crosses your mind--thank God for the gift of knowing him/her. Pray for this individual.
--The next time you look at your cell phone, pray for all those who have corresponded with you over the last week. When scrolling through social media or reading the news, advocate for those who are discouraged, suffering, and empty. Hold them up to God’s light. 
--When you are ‘people watching’ in a public place, silently bless the strangers you notice, especially those who seem broken. 
--Ask God to point out those in need.  Consult with the Holy Spirit about how to pray for each person. 

“May the blessings of divine grace and supernatural peace that flow from God our wonderful Father, and our Messiah, the Lord Jesus, be upon your lives.” (Philippians 1:2 TPT)

No comments:

Post a Comment